Yamaha DTXpress and SD2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • John

You need to select the MIDI interface in Toontrack solo’s Preferences; Options> MIDI Devices if you use it standalone.
    If you load Superior 2 as a VST/AU in another host, you need to set it up in a similar fashion in that host.
    Make sure you are updated to the latest version(s) and select the E-drums MIDI Preset on the Mapping page.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

gojarooni
    Participant

Thanks John,

Yeah I forgot to mention I’m using Pro Tools. I hooked up the kit via MIDI to USB cable. I set SD2 to E Drums but still didn’t recognize. Do I need to set the drum module to Mac or MIDI, and is there something in the module I need to be sure to set as well, or should SD2 and Pro Tools just recognize it automatically? Thanks again for your time!

sgg
    Participant

Gojarooni,

I ran into this thread hoping it would resolve my issue, but it looks like you’re not at that point yet! So, I hope I can help you with your problem.

I have the same kit, running through a midi to usb cable into the PC using CUBASE with Superior Drummer. Your setting needs to be on MIDI. In SD (Superior Drummer), change the mapping to “E-DRUM” and it will recognize most of the kit. For the pieces that it may not recognize, simply select the drum piece you want to program, click LEARN button and hit that drum piece to save it.

My issue is that the hi-hat pedal doesn’t work at all. It works when using the drum sounds from DTXpress, but not through the midi interface. That’s one thing I still can’t figure out. Basically, whether you step on the pedal or not, it shows absolutely no response. If you resolve this, please let me know!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.