Deals, a new SDX and more!*

Whats next?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Butter Buns
    Participant

the dw trigger sample in metalheads ezx sounds really good. im thinking if using it to augment my MF mixes. and i hope the midi pack they release is the sequel to library of the extreme. skank beats ftw! speaking of which ive not posted in the demo’s section for a while…

Juicy
    Participant

Two words
    Keith Carlock.

myron
    Participant

I had to look him up. He’s good… real good!

M1 Mac Mini • 16GB RAM • OSX 14.2.1 • UA Quad • Logic 10.8 • Kontakt 7 • Toontrack SD3

Anders
    Participant

Keith Carlock is a monster. I really like what he´s doing with the Wayne Krantz band.
    Myron, check out the “Krantz Carlock Lefebvre” cd.

Juicy
    Participant

On recent Steely Dan records he’s been the man and was massive on the recent Live tour.
    I dig the really dry crisp sound for snare on those records from what i can tell its a 14×4 Yamaha Brass.
    The whole kit is bright ,solid and sits up front in there mix.
    Obviously Bernard Purdie would be another as would be S Gadd.
    But Keith is the young gun doing it easy at the moment,hats off to him.
    Id pay anything they want to have that recent Dan Studio Sound

bvaughn
    Participant

ORIGINAL: dthgtr
    I’m old,I like to see a more prog oriented kit in the way of ELP,Yes,King Crimson.
    Anyone else?

+1

I wish Toontrack had picked up Neil Peart instead of the other company.

Also wish for a Mike Portnoy SDX.

How about that? A Progressive SDX with either Peart or Portnoy?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Martin
    Participant

Sonic Reality sampled Pearts kit and it’s released for their own Infinite player within Kontakt and also for BFD. I’ve written to Dave (head chef of SR) and he’s positive to release a third party version for SD also. As far as I understand the ball is in Toontracks court. If they were more prone to release third party libraries I think we could’ve seen a lot more from Platinum Samples and also from Sonic Reality. Evil Drums (the only third party SDX) is a beast in SD!

And to add my flavor to the request for future kit samples. Benny Greb and Simon Phillips. Their sound is sooo groovy….mmmmmmgaaarh groovy *drool*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBRTHxsXCw&feature=related

I’m no fan of midi packs, but one from any of them would make me reconsider 🙂

pimenta
    Participant

True indeed Rockdude. I just do not know…for me it seems Toontrack’s engine has isolated itself from competition… at the top… specially after releasing the 64 bit version. almost every crappy computer nowadays are operating with 64 bit os and have at least 4 GB RAM … the engine is super trusty… plays like no other with e-drums … and to make it worst through the videos I have seen so far they seem to really enjoy and have a ball doing their own sounds.

The combination of the Evil Drums SDX with Superior’s engine is perfect for me. It is the exact type of sound I appreciate. Would love to see at least kit packs from Platinum Samples.. imagine Steve Ferrone and Chad Smith’s kits in from the Superior format? I wish is for those to be coming next 🙂

I like what Sonic Reality is doing in terms of sampling.. it is a shame though how terrible it plays with e-drums.

I could not resist and got the Metal Heads pack…. and being palying with it this morning and man how good it sounds. I did the same thing as somebody already posted earlier… loaded the DW kit from Metal Fondry… and combined both raw sounds…. with the Metal heads… with the right balance it is great triggering and great sounding kit.

As stated earlier as well…. it seems by the teasers a drum kit pack for the Metal Fondry might be coming?

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

Whitten
    Participant

I wouldn’t say ‘isolated’ I’d say better.
    I agree though, the problem is the alternative sound libraries generally aren’t recorded in a way that would translate to the Toon engine…… except the Platinum packs that is.

Mark Farrell
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

+ 1

pimenta
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten
    I agree though, the problem is the alternative sound libraries generally aren’t recorded in a way that would translate to the Toon engine…… except the Platinum packs that is.

I said isolated….. at the top … like referring to a gold medalist

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

Mark Farrell
    Participant

ORIGINAL: pimenta
    I said isolated….. at the top … like referring to a gold medalist

Ahh, my bad, it was a long post, i skimmed it pretty fast.

Id just like to add though, third parties should be glad toontrack offers them a chance to release on their engine, it is undoubtably the best engine going round, isolated….at the top Third parties should be begging to join the revolution.

So, Andy Sneap presets, eh? On the headphones I have available here, it sounded a bit cardboardish (and the sound of all example tracks very similar), but there is probably some good stuff there.

Progressivefusion
    Participant

Looking the shadow’s size of next product (metal month) I’m sure about it:

16 Nov – Metal EZ mix
    23 Nov – Metal Midi groove

I sincerly hope there are some octoban and percussion coming!! I need to run a 2nd drum samplers just to add octobans to the kit and my CPU ain’t liking it (too many VSTs running already!!!).

Intel i7-3820 (LGA2011 ftw), Win 8.1, Saffire Pro 24, Sonar Studio

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.