Deals, a new SDX and more!*

very High CPU Usage

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • mariannekhos3
    Participant

yes.. all the Gui feels like is going in 10 frames for second.. specially when is Playing..

SD3 is not very Gpu friendly .. SD2 runs very smooth much much better and faster.. like 10 times faster.. the Gui.. and

changing presets .. load or unload the Plug-in etc..

Scott

What version of S3 are you running? Pleased try updating through Product Manager of you’re not running the latest version

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

latest version  3.1.7  , the “ui” is kind of slow..

not very efficient, something in the programming of the AU makes SD3 slow..

specially when is open and you are playing midi in your daw..

not other plugins had give this kind of problem so far..

Addictive 2 runs very smooth.. no problem at all…

SD2 too.. I think the Gui is using a lot of CPU..or GPU.. who knows which one..

I made a  test on 2 macs and the same thing.,

I think something is not very well programmed for Macs.. who knows what it is..

is there a way to disable the Visual effects in SD3 ?… to have  a better perform?

all the animations maybe..

Scott

I don’t experience this on my Windows 7 or 8 machines. Could be Mac OS related.

Please try to go to System Preferences > Displays > Color and select “sRGB IEC61966-2.1.”.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

yes I’m on Mac .. just tried “sRGB IEC61966-2.1.”. and all it’s the same..

very slow performance on mac..

so there’s no .. way to fix this for mac users? any update to make it run more smoothly ?..

sad

Scott

A fix? I’m giving you the fixes I know about. It’s possibly system specific or every mac user of S3 would be sending support tickets about a slow GUI.

You can try posting in the S3 Support Forum as other mac users may offer other solutions to try:

https://www.toontrack.com/forums/forum/superior-line/superior-drummer-3-help/?view=all

Or try contacting Toontrack Support directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below as they also may offer other things to try.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-contact-support/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

mm… ok

mariannekhos3
    Participant

yeap.-. SD3 in mac inside a DAW.. is very Slow.. no doubt about it..

bad programming and not very efficient.. it has a bad performance for mac users.. sad..

test it on windows 10 and it’s better on windows.. only happens on mac..

the strange thing.. is that none of my others Plug-ins give me that bad performance..

so I guess maybe toontrack Team need to revisite the (programming) for mac os users.

I just saw other users on mac saying the same thing.. so I’m not the only one.

maybe an option to disable some Graphics effects.. to make it runs more smoothly..

I don’t know.. specially if the GUI is open.. it almost doubles the CPU usage

my specs are:

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

3.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

with SSD .

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

Sorry but you are wrong. Considering that you were running SD3 with in Logic, the reason for your slow down is because logic doesn’t have enough resources to let SD3 run at full speed. I am also running a 16GB system at the moment with zero issues and lots of tracks with plug-ins. If you are running everything all off of one drive, that is a huge clue to your problems. Logic needs plenty of disk traffic to operate

and before you decide to question this, know that I have been running Logic for over 30 years on far slower systems than yours without issue to it or the plug-Ins it hosts

jord

Screen-Shot-2020-02-27-at-9.13.41-PM

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

redlogic
    Participant

Sorry but you are wrong. Considering that you were running SD3 with in Logic, the reason for your slow down is because logic doesn’t have enough resources to let SD3 run at full speed. I am also running a 16GB system at the moment with zero issues and lots of tracks with plug-ins. If you are running everything all off of one drive, that is a huge clue to your problems. Logic needs plenty of disk traffic to operate

and before you decide to question this, know that I have been running Logic for over 30 years on far slower systems than yours without issue to it or the plug-Ins it hosts

jord

Screen-Shot-2020-02-27-at-9.13.41-PM

+1
    Smooth and zippy here

Macmini 2019 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

mariannekhos3
    Participant

Noup.. you are wrong.. SD3 runs bad.. in a lot of macs just tried another mac.. and the same..

Kontakt runs OK.. not GUI lag.. BFD3 too it’s ok.. it only happens with  SD3.. the GUI runs slow..

very slow.. you can even have glitches in the GUI sometimes when you change from the Drummer view to the Mixer..

do you want me to make show you the Point? …

just Tried the same in Reaper.. and it’s the same.. not only Logic.. and Then try it.. in Studio One and the same.. in different Macs..

so.. it is not very as they say… (cpu Friendly) I mean.. SD3 runs fine.. as long as you Don’t Open the Gui.. while playing a track in the background.

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

Then tell me why I, as well as many people I know, don’t have any issues with it. I am running it right now without any issues.

Usually people like you have  the crappiest of all computer set ups for audio production. You seem to think that a fast CPU and one drive is going to do the trick. SSD’s only take you so far, but what most people forget is that the weakest link is the controller. You forget about one thing: bandwidth

Perhaps, if you actually geared your computer for audio production, you wouldn’t be blaming software.

So tell me all you want how wrong you think I am. That doesn’t erase the fact that it is working on my computers.

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

mariannekhos3
    Participant

ok.. so I’m must be dreaming or insane  then ,

you are right I’m crazy … I’m imagine what my cpu is showing me..

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

You can already see what my CPU usage is showing. I have posted it twice. And considering that right now, I am running a minimal system as I have been troubleshooting other issues (because that is part of what I do in daily life), SD3 is not one of them.

My system is slower than yours, despite it being a trash can with a Xeon processor. I’m also using mechanical hard drives which are slower. However, I have more than enough to spread out disk traffic in thunderbolt enclosures, which is important when working with audio.

So you are in no position to tell me that it is the software when all of the software that you are running is in my current project in Logic. Attempting  the “strength in numbers” approach is futile. That just tells me that there are others running beer budget systems with champagne expectations. Perhaps start by getting two more thunderbolt drives and spread out your audio and sample libraries. Also see what else is running behind the scenes on your Macs as they may be stealing unnecessary resources.

Telling me it’s the software falls on deaf ears.

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

mariannekhos3
    Participant

My cpu it’s like yours.. kind of.. when running SD3.. my point is that forget about the cpu usage when SD3 is open and plating only..

the GUI is slow.. like in .. 13 frames for seconds..  does not runs smoothly.. even when you change from the Drummer windows to the Mixer..

you can even see some black rectangles in sd3 when swtiching  from the Drummer windows to the Mixer..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.