Deals, a new SDX and more!*

SD3 with Roland TD-50X and Cakewalk

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ilja Körrer
    Participant

Hi, did you already reduce the buffersize in your audiodriver? If this doesn’t help you should think about an external audiointerface.

I work with a buffersize of 128 on a mac and it works just fine. You can use your rolad td-50 also as an audiointerface. There are a lot if videos in youtube.

Cheers Ilja

Thanked by: David40
    David40
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.Yes, I am aware of using the TD-50 as an audio interface and that works flawlessly with Cakewalk to record 10 audio tracks simultaneously. I just wanted to use the TD-50 as a MIDI controller for the SD3 vst plugin to get expanded sounds. I have read about the buffer size put I do not see that setting in SD3. I watched a video about EZ Drummer where there is an adjustment for buffer size and the guy recommended lowering the number but I can’t find that setting in SD3.

John

Hi David40,

if you are using SD3 as a plugin in your DAW, the DAW settings is where you set buffer size. If you are using the SD3 standalone app, go to: Settings > Audio/MIDI Setup.

If you are using the SD3 plugin in your DAW and have lowered the Buffer size in your DAW and still get high latency, please check that there are no latency inducing plugins in the signal path.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: David40
    David40
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I think my problem is with drivers and Cakewalk. If I attempt to load the ASIO4ALL driver Cakewalk complains that it’s not compatible. There are two driver options for MIDI drivers but I am not familiar with either of them. My latest attempt was worse than the first try. The first time I had the latency issue, but at least it worked. This time I could not get it to work at all and that’s probably because I messed up the driver selection in Cakewalk. This whole thing is far more complicated than it needs to be. I am going to give my brain a rest for few days before my head explodes or I had a nervous breakdown. (:-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.