Deals, a new SDX and more!*

EZKeys Needs to be able to Follow Logic 11 Global Chord Track

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • John

Hi,

I haven’t used Global Track yet in Logic 11 but I don’t think the Global Track Chord changes are sent to plug-ins, much the same way Time Signature changes are not.

If they are not sent from the host to the plug-ins, I would suspect there isn’t much Toontrack could do about it. What you want to do is to use the EZkeys 2 songwriting and manipulating features for notes but get the Chords stipulated from Logic?

It’s the right place for a request, though.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

brendan371
    Participant

Hi John, thanks for taking the time.

I’m operating under the assumption that global chord and signature track information is sent to plugins in 11, since Apple’s own plugins are referencing them. I am a coder myself, so I am not trying to understate the complexity, but objectively it doesn’t look like apple has given it’s own plugins any greater level of permissions or integration than a third party AU plugin.

Toontrack is surely feeling the heat since competitors to their flagship products are not included with Logic. I’ll grant that they’re not currently as good, but that global chord track makes is so easy when I’m throwing a demo together, I don’t even bother with the chord editor in EZKeys, which has always been finicky anyways.

I would have trouble believing the smart coders at Toontrack would have too much trouble finding a way to make using EZKeys as simple as using Logic Session Keys referencing the global chords. I do also think it’s a necessity for the viability of EZ* products going forward; my use of EZkeys has dropped like 80% since Logic 11 released, and to be perfectly honest, as much as I love EZKeys, I wouldn’t buy it today if I didn’t already own it, and as it stands I won’t be buying any more add-ons or upgrades unless this gets added, and I’m sure there’s a lot of folks like me who feel the same way.

Thanks!

-B

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.