Deals, a new SDX and more!*

EZdrummer2 keeps loading EZdrummer 1 screen

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Michael

@Jason said:

I have down loaded the product and installed it. Works great when I open EZD2 standalone, but I use Sonar X2 and I cant seem to get EZD2 to load. I have checked that the path to the DLL file is listed my plugin folder and It is correct! When I try to load EZD2 thru my synth rack in sonar it always loads EZD1 and not EZD2.

Windows 7 64bit, Cakewalk Sonar X2 build 306 x64

Hi Jason,

Since EZdrummer 2 does not come out until Tomorrow (may 6th) Im not sure how this is possible…. However it seems that you accidentally got access to a beta version of EZdrummer 2.

I recommend that you go to the Add remove programs feature in your control panel and Uninstall EZdrummer 2.
    Then, tomorrow (may 6th) you Login to your Toontrack.com account and Download EZdrummer 2 again and then run the installer. Make sure that you install the 64 bit version for your 64 bit version of Sonar. And also make sure that you select your Sonar plugin folder as the installation location in the EZdrummer 2 installer.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

Jason
    Participant

Michael, I got it to work and its a the full version for sure. Why I got the full version on the 4th, Im not sure, I thoguht cause it was my Bday on the 6th, that it was an early costumer appreciation gift =D .

Anyway heres how I fixed the problem, so that maybe other people can get up and running. After downloading EZD2, I needed to check the FILE PATH, inside Sonar, under the utilities tab. In the Plugin Manager, select VST INSTRUMENTS(VSTi), then under the registered plugins, select ezdrummer, then at the bottom, check the filename/path. That path is where EZD2 .DLL file needs to be loaded. I guess the installer didnt load the DLL file there and thats why EZD1 was loading. Problem fixed, once the EZD2 DLL file was placed where it needed to be.

Almost all of my tunes here use EZDrummer 2, EZ Mix2 EZ Bass and EZPiano, thanks for listening!
    https://soundcloud.com/jason-hanerfeld

terran236
    Participant

@Jason said:

Michael, I got it to work and its a the full version for sure. Why I got the full version on the 4th, Im not sure, I thoguht cause it was my Bday on the 6th, that it was an early costumer appreciation gift =D .

Anyway heres how I fixed the problem, so that maybe other people can get up and running. After downloading EZD2, I needed to check the FILE PATH, inside Sonar, under the utilities tab. In the Plugin Manager, select VST INSTRUMENTS(VSTi), then under the registered plugins, select ezdrummer, then at the bottom, check the filename/path. That path is where EZD2 .DLL file needs to be loaded. I guess the installer didnt load the DLL file there and thats why EZD1 was loading. Problem fixed, once the EZD2 DLL file was placed where it needed to be.

Dude! i was having the exact same problem. Thanks alot for the info!Laugh

Also would like to add that you can find out where your EZX 2 dll. Simply open it in toontrack solo.

On the top menu click Options>Set path.

Mine for some reason was set to C:program filescommon filesVST3

lol ive never used that folder. I dont know why ezd2 did that. ConfusedSurprised

Jason Klein
    Participant

Different Jason but I’m having the exact same issue, only with Acoustica MixCraft Pro 6. I just purchased the EZDrummer 2 upgrade tonight and downloaded it from your web site but there is no EZD2.DLL file in the download like the other Jason mentioned. The only VST DLL file that is installed is ezdrummer.dll in both 32 and 64 bit versions. When loading EZDrummer in MixCraft, I only see the original version, not version 2. The stand-alone app works great.

Thanks…
    Jason

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.