Deals, a new SDX and more!*

EZDrummer EZK’s with Superior Drummer SDX’s?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott Curts
    Participant

I’d be very interested to know this as well. I’m interested in the EZX Jazz Drummer and the EZX Latin Percussion and would like to use it in SD2.

Best Regards, Scott

Scott Curts
    Participant

Ok. I took the risk and plunged into it. I just purchased 3 EZX packages and they work great in SD2 Sweet Percussion!!

Best Regards, Scott

John

Yes, EZdrummer EZX:s work with Superior 2, without restrictions. Au contraire, you have more control and possibilities with them in Superior 2.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gwen Kerjan
    Participant

Is the other way valid?

I have EZ drummer 1 and some EZXs including ‘Made of Metal’ which is working with EZD2 only. So I thought upgrading to EZD2 but if all the EZXs can be loaded by Superior Drummer 2 without any restriction then I’d buy SD2.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Gwen.Kerjan said:

Is the other way valid?

I have EZ drummer 1 and some EZXs including ‘Made of Metal’ which is working with EZD2 only. So I thought upgrading to EZD2 but if all the EZXs can be loaded by Superior Drummer 2 without any restriction then I’d buy SD2.

Is what other way valid?
    EZX’s work in EZDrummer AND SuperiorDrummer.
    SDX’s work ONLY in SuperiorDrummer.

Brad
    Participant

@Gwen.Kerjan said:

Is the other way valid?

Yes SD2 can load EZDrummer 1 EZXs as well as those only available for EZDrummer 2.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Tony Cerniglia
    Participant

Last night I purchased 3 EZX packs to use with Superior Drummer2. Alt-Rock, Big Rock Drums and Latin Percussion. They sound frickin amazing as expected. What wasn’t expected is the inserts on the channels of the combined presets are dark in color on the Alt-Rock and Big Rock mixers. When you click on the insert to edit it, the insert choices menu opens. You can’t edit or see what the insert actually is. The insert does not pop open to edit it. My assumption is they’re working. If I turn up the reverb or tape returns, the sound is changing. When I open other sound libraries the inserts return to normal. When I open the 2 new EZX libraries the inserts return to the non working order. I did not test the Latin Percussion EZX.

Is this a bug with the newer EZX and SD2 or am I missing something?

Tony C.

Running the latest Mac OS in the latest version of Logic X on a late 2013 Mac Book Pro 2.3 I5, 8gb Ram.

It is what it is!

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Those are ‘black box’ effects. They cannot be edited or moved/copied. The only
    thing you can do with them is enable/disable.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Tony Cerniglia
    Participant

Interesting. Even the black boxes on the drum channels? Thanks for update. Now I know it’s not an issue.

It is what it is!

Rich50
    Participant

I have EZDrummer 2 that I bought last year. Havent used it at all yet. I was going to get some expansion packs and start using it. I didnt want to buy what came with it so can someone tell me which “sound” came with it, if any?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.