Deals, a new SDX and more!*

Can't midi map Tamburine and shaker to drumset

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

Please see this FAQ below regarding the percussion in S3. The FAQ mentions EZD2 but the same percussion system is used in S3.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-trigger-the-ezdrummer-2-percussion/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Elliot_9
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.    The above FAQ was informative, but I don’t think it answered my particular problem.

There are 4 shakers listed in the core library that I’m trying to use (these are not in the “future hit instrument” list).  When I add them to my kit they simply do not map to any midi keys (whereas the future hit instruments will map to a midi key automatically).  I cannot seem to get them to map, which makes them unusable.

Henrik
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.

If I load Shaker 1 from the library Superior Drummer 3 – Preset Sounds via “Add Instrument”, the hit articulation for that shaker gets MIDI note 117. This depends on what MIDI notes that are available when adding the instrument, but it should be given a note.

If you go to the MIDI Mapping property box and click the small menu button on the Hit articulation, there’s a menu entry called Add Suggested Note. This will assign a note to the articulation.

You can also manually enter a MIDI note, but the automatic function mentioned above makes sure that you don’t take any primary note that’s being used for some other instrument.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Henrik.
    Carl Dente
    Participant

Hello,

This does not answer the OP’s question at all.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.